**Rutgers University has made the decision to cancel all in-person events. Thank you for your patience and your understanding as together we navigate this challenging situation. In accordance with University policy we will be cancelling any in-person workshops. Our Fall series will be offered remotely through zoom. Please be advised that any courses offered remotely, will count for CE hours.
2020 – 2021 Live Online Seminars
Our current schedule of weekly Professional Development Seminars includes a wide range of cutting-edge topics in the field of addiction. Live Online Seminars are taught by experts from around the country and approved for continuing education credits. Seminars are generally held on weekdays from 9 am to 4 pm using the online platform Zoom.
Registration and Tuition
The fee for most of our seminars is $90.00 for non-affiliates . We provide a 20% discount for Rutgers faculty and staff, a 50% discount for matriculated graduate Rutgers students, and 75% discount for matriculated undergraduate Rutgers students, unless otherwise indicated. Register online (LINK) or by completing the registration form and faxing or mailing it to the Center of Alcohol & Substance Use Studies. There is a $25.00 non-refundable deposit per seminar that must be paid at the time of registration. Final payment is due one week prior to attendance. MasterCard, Visa, and American Express are accepted. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
DMHAS Career Ladder Scholarship
New Jersey Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services offers tuition remission for regularly price seminars* to a limited number of applicants. To apply, complete the DMHAS Scholarship Application. Carefully check eligibility and application requirements. Applications must be received at least 2 weeks prior to requested seminar(s). Applicant will be informed of scholarship decisions ~1 week prior to the requested seminar(s).
- Applicant must be a New Jersey resident.
- Applicant must be employed by a NJ-DMHAS licensed or funded program at the time of application and at the time of the seminar.
- Applicant must possess a relevant clinical license or certification (see application) and be able to provide license/certification number on all application materials.
- Supervisor’s authorization.
- Before sending, please review the entire application packet to ensure you have completed all fields and included all materials. The signed scholarship application may be submitted by email, fax, or regular mail but must be typed. Handwritten application materials will not be accepted. Applications submitted without a signature will not be processed. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Call for Proposals
Courses at CAS will continue to focus exclusively on recertification. Potential offerings can include any topics that will support the work of those in the addiction, behavioral health and health education fields. As always, we will strive to create a series that appeals to all levels of individuals on the front line of addiction and behavioral health practice, particularly the advanced practitioner. We are particularly interested in topics that reflect current trends and best practices. We will also consider past offerings that continue to reflect the best of current practice. In addition to our offerings for clinicians we are expanding our department to include continuing education for Certified Peer Recovery Specialists.