Our current schedule of weekly Professional Development Seminars includes a wide range of cutting-edge topics in the field of addiction such as using DBT when working with SUDS, Legal and Ethical Issues in Addiction Treatment, Videogame Addiction 101: The Latest Behavioral Disorder, Evidence Based Approaches for Co-occurring Disorders, and Rewiring the Brain Using Mindfulness Based Practices. Seminars are taught by experts from around the country and approved for continuing education credits. Seminars are generally held on weekdays from 9 am to 4 pm at the Rutgers Center of Alcohol & Substance Use Studies, Smithers Hall, Busch Campus.
Registration and Tuition
The fee for most of our seminars is $90.00 for non-affiliates . We provide a 20% discount for Rutgers faculty and staff, a 50% discount for matriculated graduate Rutgers students, and 75% discount for matriculated undergraduate Rutgers students, unless otherwise indicated. Register online (LINK) or by completing the registration form and faxing or mailing it to the Center of Alcohol & Substance Use Studies. There is a $25.00 non-refundable deposit per seminar that must be paid at the time of registration. Final payment is due one week prior to attendance. Lunch will not be provided. MasterCard, Visa, and American Express are accepted. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Important Update: When registering for a course, participants will be provided the option to purchase a boxed lunch for a fee. Read More
DMHAS Career Ladder Scholarship
New Jersey Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services offers tuition remission for regularly price seminars* to a limited number of applicants. To apply, complete the DMHAS Scholarship Application. Carefully check eligibility and application requirements. Applications must be received at least 2 weeks prior to requested seminar(s). Applicant will be informed of scholarship decisions ~1 week prior to the requested seminar(s).
- Applicant must be a New Jersey resident.
- Applicant must be employed by a NJ-DMHAS licensed or funded program at the time of application and at the time of the seminar.
- Applicant must possess a relevant clinical license or certification (see application) and be able to provide license/certification number on all application materials.
- Supervisor’s authorization.
- Before sending, please review the entire application packet to ensure you have completed all fields and included all materials. The signed scholarship application may be submitted by email, fax, or regular mail but must be typed. Handwritten application materials will not be accepted. Applications submitted without a signature will not be processed. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.