36th Annual SALIS Conference
Substance Abuse Librarians and Information Specialists
The Substance Abuse Librarians and Information Specialists (SALIS) invite you to be a part of their 36th Annual Conference, to be held in at the Heldrich Hotel in New Brunswick, NJ (April 29-May 2, 2014) and hosted by the Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies.
SALIS is a small but influential non-profit organization in a specialized field with members all over the US, Canada, the UK, Israel, and Australia.
Up to 16 hours of continuing education credit available!*
CONFERENCE THEME: Looking forward, looking back: Reflections on the past and planning for the future
Presenters will share their expertise through formal presentations, posters, and panel discussions to promote dialog between practitioners and information specialists.
- Robert Pandina, Ph.D. (Director, Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies): Of Chickens and Eggs: How a Journal Built a Center and a Field
- Gail Milgram, Ed.D. (Director Emeritus, Rutgers Summer School of Alcohol Studies): The Summer School of Alcohol Studies: The Rutgers Experience
- Helene Raskin White, Ph.D. (Professor II, Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies): Transitions in Substance Use, Transitions in Publication
- Nancy Sutherland, MLS (Associate Director, UW Alcohol & Drug Abuse Institute) and Meg Brunner, MLIS (Librarian, UW Alcohol & Drug Abuse Institute): Going to Pot: Recreational Marijuana in Washington and Colorado
- Kristin Tansil, MSW (Health Behavioral Scientist, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention): Electronic Screening and Brief Intervention (e-SBI) to Reduce Excessive Alcohol Consumption and Related Harms: A Community Guide Systematic Review
- Rutgers CAS Library and Ron Roizen, Ph.D.: Mystery and Speculations: Piecing Together E.M. Jellinek’s Redemption
(See program for more presentations!)
Information on registering for the conference is available on the SALIS web site: http://salis.org/conference/registration.html
Conference registration includes lunch, snacks, and coffee during the three days of the conference. One-day conference registration is also available. See link for details.
Looking forward to seeing you at Rutgers!
*Continuing Education Credit Hours Information
Total CE Hours Available
Wednesday, April 30
Thursday, May 1
Friday, May 2
Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTTM) and sponsor of this program. Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies may award NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP maintains responsibility for the content of this program (up to 16 clock hours). Approval # 6619. NBCC approved courses qualify for CACD/LCADC recertification in NJ.
Drug & Alcohol Counselors:
1. Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies is an NAADAC Approved Education Provider. Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies meets nationally approved standards of education developed for the alcoholism and drug abuse counseling field. Program participants are assured that the contact hours or CEUs provided will be accepted toward national credentialing by the NAADAC Certification Commission. Approval # 124.
2. This course is approved for renewal (recertification) credits by the Addiction Professionals Certification Board of NJ, Inc. This program is approved for up to 16 hours. Approval # 2252011
Social Worker (The New Jersey Board of Social Work Examiners):
This program is approved for social work continuing education hours by Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies in accordance with New Jersey administrative code 13:44G -6.4 and recognized by The New Jersey Board of Social Work Examiners. This program is approved for up to 16 hours.
Important notice: Social Workers must be prepared to write in their Social Work license/certification/registration number and license jurisdiction on the sign in sheet. Please be sure to bring this information with you to the training.
New Jersey Public Health Continuing Education:
The Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, as a provider of New Jersey Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs) and agrees to comply with all policies and procedures of the Providership Program as outlined in the New Jersey Public Health Continuing Education Providership Program and Procedures Manual. Participants who successfully complete this educational program will be awarded up to 16 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Hours (CEs). Approval provider code: PHCE387-2013/06/03
NJLMN - Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Public Health as a provider of New Jersey Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
Department of Education:
This program meets continuing education for the Department of Education Certifications.